2019 Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Championship
Entries for the 2019 Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Championship open on April 15th!
Championship finals will take place at the Nutrien Western Event Centre July 5 - 8, 2019 at 4 p.m. daily!
|Event Dates:||July 2–8, 2019|
|Entry Closing Date:||May 22, 2019 4:00 PM|
|Location:||Offsite & Nutrien Western Event Centre|
2019 Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Qualifier Schedule
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
14 Class - 12:00 PM
Wednesday, July3, 2019
Open Class, followed immediately by the 7 class – 8:30 AM
Thursday, July 4, 2019
10 Class – 8:30 AM
CALGARY STAMPEDE TEAM CATTLE PENNING CHAMPIONSHIPS
July 5 – 8, 2019 Third and Final Rounds –Nutrien Western Event Center, Calgary Stampede
Round three (3) will consist of the top twenty (20) teams carried forward with aggregate scores from the qualifier in each class. The Final Round will consist of the top ten (10) teams based on the aggregate score from the previous three rounds.
Friday, July 5, 2019 4:00 p.m. Open Class Round three (3) and Final
Saturday, July 6, 2019 4:00 p.m. 10 Class Round three (3) and Final
Sunday, July 7, 2019 4:00 p.m. 14 Class Round three (3) and Final
Monday, July 8, 2019 4:00 p.m. 7 Class Round three (3) and Final
*Please note that all competition times are subject to change; any changes will be posted on this website.
CALGARY STAMPEDE TEAM CATTLE PENNING QUALIFIER
THE QUALIFIER WILL START AT NOON SHARP on Tuesday, July 2, 2019 until Thursday, July 4, 2019 at the Silver Slate Arena, Stavely, Alberta.
This competition is based on a four go aggregate, with two runs held at Silver Slate and the top twenty (20) teams in each class progressing to compete in the Nutrien Western Event Center for round three (3) with the top ten (10) teams then advancing to the final round.
Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - Silver Slate Arena - Stavely, Alberta
Qualifier – 14 Class - 12:00 pm
Wednesday, July 3, 2019 - Silver Slate Arena - Stavely, Alberta
Qualifier – Open Class and 7 Class First and Second Rounds
8:30 am – Open Class – Rounds one (1) and two (2)
7 Class – Rounds one (1) and two (2) immediately following the Open Class
Thursday, July 4, 2019 - Silver Slate Arena - Stavely, Alberta
Qualifier – 10 Class First and Second Rounds
8:30 am – 10 Class – Rounds one (1) and two (2)
Qualifying for round two (2) will be run as follows:
Number of Teams Competing in Class
Number of Teams Advancing to the Second Round
Less than 100 teams
Half back up to a maximum of 50 teams will advance to the second round
101 – 160 teams
50 teams will advance to the second round
161 – 200 teams
60 teams will advance to the second round
201 – 240 teams
70 teams will advance to the second round
More than 240 teams
80 teams will advance to the second round
Entries will open on April 15th!
There is a one-time initial entry fee per team. No additional fees will be charged to teams qualifying for round three.
- Entries received after Thursday, May 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. will NOT be accepted. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Confirmations will be posted on this site at 4:00 p.m. Thursday, May 30, 2019
- Payments will not be due at this time. Separate invoices will be sent out to each competitor, and final payment will be due by 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 14, 2019.
- Team changes or deletions prior to 4:00 p.m. May 28, 2019 will be at a cost of $20.00 per change or deletion. This will appear on the invoice of the team member that has changed or deleted the team.
- The draw will be made at 10:00 a.m. Monday, June 17, 2019. Riders and teams will be bound by their position in the draw.
- Changes to team members or substitutions after 10:00 a.m. Friday, June 14, 2019 will be at a charge of $100 per change. After 8:00 am on Friday, June 21, 2019 there will be no further changes permitted.
- Individual invoices will be mailed out to each entrant by Monday, June 4, 2019. Payment must be received by 4:00 pm MST on Friday, June 21, 2019 to the Calgary Stampede Agriculture Entries Office. If payment is not received by this time, entrant will be charged a $200.00 late fee per exhibitor payment that is late. If entries are not paid in full by Friday, June28, 2019 at 4:00 pm MST, your teams will be deleted immediately with late fee still owing. All teammates will be notified of the deletion.
- Each team must remain unique to all others in the competition and must adhere to the five (5) ride maximum per class rule. Failure to do so will result in a disqualified ride.
- Please enter team members in alphabetical order by last name in the descriptive field.
- The decision by the Western Performance Horse Committee is final.
The Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Championships pay out an estimated $200,000 in cash and awards over all four classes. Estimated payouts (based on projected entries of 430 teams overall) are set at an estimated payout of 73% for the 7 and 10 classes, 76% for the 14 class and 79% for the Open class (higher % payouts reflecting higher entry fees). Prizes and awards are determined by a four run aggregate.
$1,000 will be paid out to each of the four teams that lead the respective classes after the Qualifier.
Bronzes, trophy buckles will be awarded to each member of the Champion team in all classes. Reserve Champion team members will receive trophy blankets. Team members will receive individual prize money payments by mail after the event is completed.
INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITORS/COMPETITOR INFORMATION
Anyone entering Canada must have a valid Passport.
Non-residents of Canada will be subject to a 15% withholding tax on all prize monies awarded as required by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Non-residents of Canada may apply to the CRA to have the 15% withholding tax returned. To file a claim with the CRA, complete and submit the following information:
- Each entrant can enter a maximum of five (5) times in each class.
- Each team must change out one rider in a class.
4. The Team Coordinator and each team member must be declared at the time of entry.
- The completed entry form (including contact information for each rider) must be received in the Agriculture Entries Office by the listed dates. Entries not complying with the requirements will be rejected.
- Each team member must sign a waiver prior to entering the arena.
- Waivers will be made available at the arena entry desk. This waiver will apply to both the Qualifier event and the Calgary Stampede Team Cattle Penning Semi Finals and Finals.
- ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY. ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OVER THE PHONE. VISIT: http://penning.ca/online_entry/teamentry.aspx
- If an entry is cancelled, all fees will be forfeited.
- Should a qualified team choose not to advance in any round; the next best placing team will be offered the opportunity to proceed. For those competitors coming from the US, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the Canadian Team Cattle Penning Association Rules.
- There will be zero tolerance of any inhumane treatment of horses/cattle while in the show arena or on the competition grounds. Any such action will be cause for disqualification and forfeiture of any prize monies earned. Inhumane treatment includes, but is not limited to: excessive jerking, pulling, kicking, slapping or whipping.
- The Western Performance Horse committee reserves the right to alter the above rules, number of cross-entries, entry deadlines, payouts etc. Any such changes will be posted on this website.
- No person or organization may distribute flyers, post billings, display logos or provide information of any kind at any Calgary Stampede event which promotes organizations, associations or companies which are not affiliated with the Calgary Stampede or its corporate partners without the prior written permission of the Calgary Stampede. Such information may be destroyed without prior notice.
- No open alcohol will be permitted in the parking area.
- All entrants must hold a valid 2019 membership with either the USTPA or CTCPA.
- Any entrant who is not rated by the USTPA or CTCPA in 2019 must contact Tammy Evans (403)931-2795, in advance to receive their CTCPA rating (no added cost).
- Any Penner rated by the CTCPA for 2019 will be required to use that rating.
- Any USTPA Penner with a 2018 rating of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 will be required to move their rating up one number to match the CTCPA (i.e. a USTPA rating 2 is the same as a CTCPA 3 rating). For more information please contact Tammy Evans at: (403) 931-2795.
A 60 second time limit will apply for all classes.
"Once a cut off time has been established, the announcer will let each team know when the time has been exceeded. We encourage all teams to save time and cattle by tipping their hats."
Stampede Park Arrival Information
You must enter Parking Lot C from the North Saddledome Parkade entrance at Gate 5A. Competitors will be parked in the Scotiabank Saddledome Lot C, as per previous years. Please follow the instructions of the parking attendants.
Daily parking passes for the Scotiabank Saddledome Parking Lot C will be provided to competitors (one per team entered). There is no overnight parking or stalling on Stampede Park. Competitors are asked not to arrive any more than three hours before the posted event start time.
All trailers must vacate Lot C prior to 7:30 p.m.
** Please note: Only one parking pass will be issued for each team that has qualified for the Championships at Stampede Park.
An official photo accreditation badge will be required by all competitors to access Stampede Park for the 2019 Calgary Stampede. A new accreditation must be issued each year. In addition to granting you access to Stampede Park, the Agriculture Accreditation badge gives you access to the Grandstand Rush areas for the Rodeo, Chuckwagons, and Evening Show. The badge must be purchased on the entry form for a fee of $35.00 (G.S.T. included). These badges are a privilege of the exhibitors, and will be limited. Exhibitors are responsible for lost or forgotten badges.
Transportation of Animals
Health Requirements – Importation of Animals from the United States (General):
Please refer to the CFIA website for the most up to date information on import/export regulations.
For information regarding transporting horses in Alberta please see:
Transporting Horses in Alberta
Alberta Livestock Transportation Documents
If you require clarification or you have concerns about the previous information, please contact Agriculture Administration at (403) 261-0313.
For Stalling Information please click here
**Please note there is no overnight stalling on Stampede Park
American Port of Entry – Sweetgrass, Montana (406) 335-2142 www.cbp.gov
Canadian Port of Entry – Coutts, Alberta (403) 344-3808 – www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
Documents for complete information see Health Requirements.
There will be no scheduled veterinarian at the border crossing on Monday, July 1, 2019, due to the Canada Day Statutory holiday. A veterinarian will be available the week of June 24 –28 and resume regular hours on Tuesday, July 2. Please plan your arrival accordingly. Horses not requiring veterinarian inspection may still cross the border pending import requirements and documents are correct. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that all appropriate paperwork is completed prior to arriving at the Canadian border. For more information on import requirements please visit the CFIA website http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/imp/airse.shtml
We appreciate your interest and commitment to this event and strive to provide an exceptional experience for you. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our Entries Office at 403.261.0320 or email@example.com
The Team Cattle Penning Championships is organized by the Calgary Stampede Western Performance Horse Committee.