Ok, guys, tomorrow is final Sunday. It’s free admission from 10 a.m. to noon. Stampede Park is jam packed with fun rides, great food, crazy adventures, dazzling shows, agriculture, culture and much, much more. Not sure where to start? Here’s a baker’s dozen of ideas. Come celebrate – and have fun!
1. Take a free WestJet Skyride! (Yes, free! All day!)
2. Visit Indian Village. It’s one of the most interesting, vibrant & peaceful places on Stampede Park. Have a bite at the Bannock Booth and browse the arts and crafts fair. Indian Village Closing Ceremonies, 7:30 p.m.
3. Will Mary Burger win the Barrel Racing? Find out at Rodeo’s Richest Afternoon on Showdown Sunday, 1:15 p.m. at the Grandstand. Half price standing room tickets on a first-come, first-served basis. Seated tickets available here.
4. Have you tried all of this year’s Best Foods on the Midway yet? You can’t miss Frosted Flakes Chicken on a Stick or Canadian Beaver Balls Gourmet Doughnut Holes!
5. The awesome and amazing high dive show (Saddledome Steps,12:30 p.m., 2:45 p.m., 5:15 p.m.)
6. Get in on your chance to win half of the $1.2-million-and-growing-by-the-minute jackpot with Stampede Lotteries Split’Em 50.
7. Steers, heavy horses, light horses, blacksmiths? Take your pick from Sunday’s excellent agriculture lineup. Blacksmith, 11 a.m., Northern Lights Arena; Hooves of History, 11:30 a.m., Agrium Western Event Centre; Junior Steer Classic & Youth Supreme, 1 p.m., Agrium Western Event Centre; Light Horse, 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., Northern Lights Arena; Heavy Horse Pull, 7 p.m., Agrium Western Event Centre.
8. Check out the Artist Ranch Project in the Western Oasis and get a glass of wine in the Wine Garden.
10. Catch a Stampede Showband performance on the Saddledome Steps. 1:30 p.m. & 8:30 p.m.
11. The GMC Rangeland Derby finals–who will win this year’s $100,000 championship prize?!
(For tickets to the Evening Show, which includes the GMC Rangeland Derby and the TransAlta Grandstand Show: Half price standing room tickets on a first-come, first-served basis. Seated tickets available here.)
13. Dance. Nashville North will be bumping with the best in live country music starting at 3 p.m.–and ending with the Nashville North All-Star Band hosted by Jason Greeley at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.–and Simple Plan hits the Coca-Cola stage at 9 p.m.
Remember, there’s tons to do on Stampede Park if it rains. See you tomorrow on Stampede Park!