The Fab Four and family favourites from down under The Wiggles return to Calgary this week as part of their 20th anniversary Big Birthday tour.
Details on that and more here:
- The Wiggles: Celebrating 20 years, Australian children’s group The Wiggles are back with this year’s most anticipated family event: The Wiggles Big Birthday party! Join The Wiggles, Captain Feathersword, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Henry the Octopus, Wags the Dog and all the Wiggly Dancers as they celebrate their Big Birthday here in Calgary. Saturday, August 6 in the Stampede Corral with shows at 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Tickets available through Ticketmaster.
- Stampede Casino: Open all year-round and featuring all your favourite slots, tables, a 24 hour poker room, as well as excellent food and special events throughout the year, there’s always something going on down here so why not drop by for a visit? Here’s a taste of what’s happening this week:
- UFC 133: Check out UFC 133 in the Big Sky Showroom featuring “Suga” Rashad Evans vs Tito Ortiz. Doors open at 6 p.m. and show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 and include access to three theatre-sized screens and a complimentary snack buffet. Tickets available through Stampede Casino Guest Services.
- Weekly Specials: Every week features specials to make your stay at the Stampede Casino more enjoyable. On Sundays, table and slots players can enjoy Afternoon Tea featuring assorted teas, coffee and biscuits from 2-4 p.m. Tuesdays are Neighborly Tuesdays where if a player wins a hand play slot jackpot of $250 or more, their neighbor to the right wins a prize as well. On Wednesdays, patrons aged 55 and over can take a Garden Getaway in the Grasslands Cafe where they can enjoy a $3.99 soup, salad, and sandwich from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Finally, Thursday is Ladies Night at the Centre Bar and the 1912 Bar & Grill as ladies can enjoy half-price wine and appetizer specials from 4-8 p.m.
- Cheer on the Home Team!: Cheer on the home team with the Stampede Casino! A $20 ticket includes: Bust Loose Party Bus to and from all Calgary Stampeders’ home games, tickets in the Molson Zone, food and drink specials and free underground parking. Stop by the Player’s Zone after games; Six blackjack tables dedicated to sports fans, open Friday & Saturday nights PLUS all home games.
Make sure to sign up to become a Stampede Insider for first-access to exclusive news, contests and other insider information, and be sure to keep an eye on our official Twitter account at @calgarystampede and our official Facebook fan page for giveaways, special announcements, and more! Finally, make sure to visit our website and continue to tune into the official Stampede Blog to learn more about all of the things happening here on Park and beyond!