With another successful Aggie Days in the books, all eyes are set to Stampede 2011, July 8-17 (only 87 days away!). But that doesn’t mean that there won’t be any cool events and attractions at Stampede Park between now and then! Highlights this week include the Youth Employment Summer Hiring Fair, the Body Soul & Spirit Expo, and a performance by Tiësto.
Details on that and more here:
- Youth Employment Summer Hiring Fair: Looking for a job this summer? If you’re aged 15-24, The City of Calgary will be holding their annual Summer Hiring Fair on Tuesday, April 12 from 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Big Four Building. Make sure to bring your resumé as over 80 employers from different industries and trades will be on hand hoping to fill positions. Admission to this event is free.
- ISA Calgary Show & Conference: ISA Calgary is Canada’s largest Instrumentation, Systems, Automation event, offering two days of insight into the world of automation and controls. With over 200 exhibitors, ISA Calgary offers a chance to see new technologies and innovations available in this niche market. April 13–14 in the BMO Centre, admission to this event is free with registration.
- Body Soul & Spirit Expo: Calgary’s original holistic wellness event, the Body Soul & Spirit Expo is a Holistic, New Thought and Spiritual Lifestyle Expo that showcases products, service and resource for growth and fosters the individual quest for wholeness, health and self understanding. With 110 exhibitors as well as lectures, presentations, featured workshops and special events, explore all the possibilities in your quest to create a happier, healthier, more conscious and successful life. April 15–17 in the Big Four Building, tickets available at the door.
- Tiësto: Recently voted “The Greatest DJ of All Time” in a Mixmag poll, Dutch musician and DJ Tiësto will be bringing his unique sound and brand of entertainment to Calgary this week as he performs at the BMO Centre on Saturday, April 16. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are available through Ticketmaster.
- Pet Industry Trade Show: The Calgary Pet Industry Trade Show is unique to Alberta’s pet market and features manufacturers and distributers from across the pet industry. See and learn about the latest products and trends from pet industry leaders. April 17 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Big Four Building, Hall A. Admission to this trade show is free, but only open to pet industry businesses only.
- Stampede Casino: Open all year-round and featuring all your favourite slots, tables, a 24 hour poker room, as well as excellent food and special events throughout the year, there’s always something going on down here so why not drop by for a visit? Here’s a taste of what’s happening this week:
- Weekly Specials: Every week features specials to make your stay at the Stampede Casino more enjoyable. On Sundays, table and slots players can enjoy Afternoon Tea featuring assorted teas, coffee and biscuits from 2-4 p.m. Tuesdays are Neighborly Tuesdays where if a player wins a hand play slot jackpot of $250 or more, their neighbor to the right wins a prize as well. On Wednesdays, patrons aged 55 and over can take a Garden Getaway in the Grasslands Cafe where they can enjoy a $3.99 soup, salad, and sandwich from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Finally, Thursday is Ladies Night at the Centre Bar and the 1912 Bar & Grill as ladies can enjoy half-price wine and appetizer specials from 4-8 p.m.
- Players Zone: Every home game night, come be a part of the action with six themed blackjack tables, Flames ticket giveaways, food and drink specials, and much more.
That’s all for this week! Make sure to sign up to become a Stampede Insider for first-access to exclusive news, contests and other insider information, and be sure to keep an eye on our official Twitter account at @calgarystampede and our official Facebook fan page for giveaways, special announcements, and more! Finally, make sure to visit our website and continue to tune into the official Stampede Blog to learn more about all of the things happening Here. All Year.