Alberta Chicken Producers is a provincial ‘farmer-run’ organization, representing our 245 registered chicken farmers in Alberta. Our chickens are raised for meat consumption.
Our farmers are local families who are passionately committed to providing consumers with safe, high quality, locally produced chicken, raised under the highest standards of animal care and food safety.
- 100% of chicken farmers in Alberta are certified under national Animal Care and On-Farm Food Safety Assurance Programs as a condition of their licenses to market chicken.
- Our farms are audited and certified annually by a third party auditors.
- Our farms are 100% family owned and operated
- By looking for the “Raised by a Canadian Farmer” label in your grocery store, you know you are getting fresh chicken. In fact, the majority of fresh chicken sold in Alberta was raised in Alberta.
Our industry is growing sustainably.
- Our 245 farms produce over 128 million kg live weight of chicken annually, with a farm gate value of over $203 million. All of this is accomplished without subsidies or taxpayer dollars.
- 69% of Alberta’s Chicken farmers are between the ages of 18 and 49. In 2013, Alberta saw 9 new entrants into the chicken industry.
- Our unique combination of youth and experience has cemented our place in Alberta’s dynamic economic environment for years to come.
We place high value on the partnerships that define our industry.
- We are part of a community, an integrated value chain, working closely with hatcheries, processors, feed companies, researchers, and agriculture boards at the provincial and national level.
Alberta Chicken Producers values our relationships with industry stakeholders, as exemplified by the Shared Industry Vision:
“To continue to grow, be profitable, and satisfy consumers by providing safe, high quality chicken products.”
In support of this Shared Industry Vision, Alberta Chicken Producer’s Mission is:
“To serve our producers by collaboratively providing an environment for profitable chicken production and encouraging a competitive, consumer-focused chicken industry.”
Our booth will be operated by the best experts in the chicken industry….our farmers!! We will have baby chicks, a chicken barn display unit and plenty of give-aways. Our farmers look forward to answering any of your questions.
Chicken is the most popular protein in Canada, and we look forward to sharing our story!